Temple Newsam House and Farm
One of the great country houses of England set within a Capability Brown landscape surrounded by beautiful parkland which includes a working rare breeds farm, Temple Newsam has so much to offer visitors.
Famous as the birth place of Lord Darnley, notorious husband of Mary Queen of Scots, Temple Newsam House is a truly impressive Tudor-Jacobean mansion. Described as the Hampton Court of the North with over 40 lovingly restored rooms to view, it is now home to one of the most important collections of decorative arts.
- Explore the treasures of silver, ceramics, fine art, Chippendale furniture, and wallpaper all housed within the Tudor Jacobean Mansion.
- Discover the stories of the people who lived at Temple Newsam by joining one of our regular weekly tours or picking up the FREE audio guide.
- Look out for holiday activities and craft fun for all ages and the changing programme of talks, concerts and theatre.
- Visit our special, changing programme of exhibitions.
- Take time to visit the gift shop offering a range of products inspired by the collections within the House followed by lunch or tea in the Stables Tea room.
- Explore the lakeside walks and gardens of delphiniums, rhododendrons, flocks and asters.
- See a variety of rare breed animals in the Rare Breed Farm.
- Enjoy some leisure time and book our football pitches, enjoy a round of golf, walk in the woods and discover the folly or explore the bridle paths.
Facilities: Disabled access toilets and lift (within the House) available. Guide dogs are welcome. Electric scooters and wheelchairs can be pre-booked for use in the grounds. The gardens and woodland are fully accessible. Home Farm is uneven and cobbled but has some trails with cobbles filled in and most displays are accessible to wheelchair users.
March to October: Tues to Sun 10:30 to 17:00
November to February; Pre-booked visits and tours
Don’t miss them… The House will be restricted to pre-booked visits from November to February with the exception of their headline Christmas event. Call to book one of the tours or special interest days now on 0113 336 7460.
Photo Credits: © Copyright Temple Newsam House
For further information please visit: http://www.leeds.gov.uk