Heritage and family fun sit side by side in Kent Life’s beautiful and historical 28 acre grounds, which will appeal to history buffs, nostalgia seekers and children of all ages.
Tucked away on the outskirts of Maidstone just off junction 6 of the M20, it is home to Britain’s last working coal-fired Oast House and a range of period-dressed historic buildings – saved from destruction from around the region and perfectly rebuilt piece-by-piece on site.
A real working farm, Kent Life showcases and breeds traditional farm animals including sheep, cows, pigs, horses, alpacas, rabbits, goats, ducks and chickens and the hands-on cuddle corner is always popular with visitors.
Farmhouse gardens, apple orchards, and a nature trail also occupy this hidden gem. Family fun comes in a vast array of options including indoor and outdoor play areas, donkey rides, pottery studio, junior electric quad bikes, tractor rides and much more!
Open all seasons, events and activities run all year round especially during holidays and weekends.
Facilities: Disabled Facilities
- Most of our buildings have wheelchair access, with the exception of the first floors of the historic buildings.
- There are interpretation books on the ground floor of each period home which give details about the upstairs of the buildings.
- We have fully accessible toilets at four locations around the site: the Car Park, behind Sandling Farmhouse, the Tea Room Court Yard and the Village Hall..
- There is dedicated car parking near to the entrance of the attraction. On special event days this area is extended..
- We have two wheelchairs available to hire completely free of charge. They can be reserved in advance by calling 01622 621247.
- All carers come FREE.
Please be aware that our site is located on a gradual slope, with flat areas at both the entrance and kiddies play areas and the Village Green located at the top of the slope.
Opening Times: March – October: 10am – 6pm (last admission 5pm)
November – February: 10am – 3pm (last admission 2pm) Additional seasonal closures do apply – you are advised to check with the attraction before visiting.
Costs: Admission Prices Apply
Photo Credits: © Copyright Kent Life
For further information please visit: http://www.kentlife.org.uk